ADVANCED AGROTEXTILES FOR SAFE FOOD AND CLIMATE CONTROLLArrigoni group has been in the technical textile sector since 1936. In 1959 it started the manufacturing of polyethylene nets. It has more than 50 years of experience in the field of technical textiles.
It is located in Italy. The head office is in Uggiate Trevano (Milan area) next to Linate and Malpensa airports. The three production plants occupy a total area of 110,000 square meters; The covered area is 39,000 square meters. Direct employees are 160, the production capacity is of more than 6.000 tons a year of nets, which corresponds to about 75 millions m² (7500 hectares) of average weight textiles.
The great range of nets and fabrics produced by Arrigoni group includes accessories and other articles as well, which are manufactured by important companies and always guaranteed, based on quality and reliability tests both performed in lab and in the field.
Arrigoni’s team is skilled, expert and competent. It is characterized by a deep passion for product and process innovation; an energy full of talent is dedicated to the quality and reliability of the product.
The group is financially solid; extrusion, weaving and converting equipment are in the vanguard of technology. R & D activity and Quality Control are the main focus of the Company.
ARRIGONI is present in 72 countries throughout the world, thanks to its distributors. In Italy its presence is really important: it is actually the leader in this field and its mark is a guarantee of high quality products.
Arrigoni’s relationship with selected distributors is very close and is managed through a network of qualified and
The Agrotextile sector is the main application of Arrigoni’s technical textiles. Demand is growing and is driven by different trends:
- Climate change (« tropicalisation » and extreme weather phenomena) with consequently higher need for crop protection
- Presence / attack of new insect species from other continents
- Change in eating habits (increasing consumption of fruit and vegetables, even out of season)
- Greater sensitiveness toward organic food and safe food
- Modernization of agriculture and maximum attention to environmental sustainability (eg the reduction of water requirements and the sharp reduction of chemical treatments of crops)
- Tendency to replace plastics in fruit and vegetables production with textile screens to preserve fragrance and shelf-life of the product.
- excellence in quality: producing high tenacity and long lasting nets with technical characteristics higher than the market average;
- continuous effort and attention to service;
- research and development: ability to search and make the required changes and to improve both inside and outside (universities / customers / suppliers);
- relationships: transparency in the management of relationships, attention to the employers and their professional growth; close dialogue with the customer to "solve" the problems.