Working together for tomorrow's agricultureCIRAD is the French agricultural research and international cooperation organization working for the sustainable development of tropical and Mediterranean regions.
Companies, research centres, universities and institutions: CIRAD can offer solutions and work with you to foster innovation in developing countries and conduct R&D activities.
CIRAD offers its customers and partners a wide range of products, appraisals, services, studies and advice :
1- seeds, variety development, nursery tree
- High-yielding Cirad varieties of tropical fruits and vegetables adapted to novel farming and marketing systems : citrus, dessert banana and plantain, sugarcane, vanilla, onions, roots and tubers: cassava, sweet potato, yam and taro
- In vitro plantlets of banana and pineapple distributed by our subsidiary, Vitropic SA. The firm also provides appraisal services for the design, supply and management of industrial-scale nurseries.
- Protected horticultural systems.
- Advice and methods related to cultural techniques for a quality product while minimizing inputs, especially pesticides thus supporting the agro-ecological transition away from intensive monocultures (banana, pineapple),
- Coordination of integrated development projects.
- Integrated pest and disease management (i.e. coffee berry borer Brocap trap & IPM..).
We have the skills and technologies to improve and optimize processing techniques, taking into account the various aspects of food quality (sensorial, nutritional, safety and health benefits) throughout the processing stages.
- Fruit and vegetable technologies
- Coffee and cacao processing.
- Roots and tubers processing (cassava, yam, and other tropical tubers).
- Post-harvest technology of tropical cereals : rice, fonio, millets, sorghum
- Drying of processed agrifood products (fruit chips, rolled cereal products, etc.).
- Harnessing coconut tree products.
- Quality management in the industries.
- Food safety.
- Agro-economic studies of fruit supply chains.
- Life cycle analyses of tropical horticultural crops.
- Evaluation of the environmental impacts of horticultural systems.
Cirad experts posted in Montpellier, in the French Overseas Department and in the Southern countries, have developped state-of-the-art technologies and can provide tailormade solutions to your tropical Fruit & Vegetable challenges.
Product groups & Industrial index
- Technical systems (2966)
- Services (811)